Friday 3 November 2017

SCRYING With A Crystal Ball

SCRYING with A Crystal Ball-
Scrying comes from the Old English word descry meaning “to make out dimly” or “to reveal.”
I must admit that I don't know much about scrying, except the one episode when I was maybe seven or eight ish...That particular time a friend of my Mom and Dads had me staring at a crystal ball she had, while talking like a hypnotist in the background. This is what I sort of remember from that time:....Pat was saying something about it being a beautiful day, and I was sitting by cool clear water...I felt very different when I was staring at her crystal ball, and very focused. I started to see clouds in her crystal ball, and they were starting to clear.  All of a sudden my older brother smacked me across the back of the head, cause he didn't like what I was doing, and that was it (game over).
I have thought about that episode often, and part of me wants to try it again, and part of me is not so sure...Maybe those television shows from long ago made me paranoid, such as the Wizard of OZ. (see below here )
Wow! That crystal ball is as big as a T.V.

I do guided meditations so it shouldn't be too hard working with the crystal ball. Scrying is an auto-deepening trance practise, traditionally achieved by staring into a smooth dark surface. Ancient Egyptians used bowls filled with ink and blood, Aztecs used slabs of obsidian, ancient Persians used a chalice filled with water, the Celts used darkened brass plates, and many contemporary diviners simply paint a mirror black. Many people associate scrying with the crystal ball, and there are several fallacies surrounding it. For example, some will tell you that only a ball of pure quartz crystal may be used. If ancient Druids could scry in the flash of their thumbnail in the sun, then you can scry with a glass ball, a ball of lead crystal, a paperweight, or an old fishing float.
I guess the information can come through in a few different ways, depending on your mental and spiritual state: you may hear things, see shapes, receive emotional “hunches”, or strong impressions of people, smells, or places. Apparently learning how to scry is easy: choose a quiet location with indirect lighting, allow your body to relax, take a few deep, slow breaths. Gaze at the
Crystal ball.


Scrying isn’t always successful first time round; often people will sit with a crystal ball etc., for quite some time, and practise is essential. It is important to remember that with any divination tool, the answer comes from within, not from the device. *Some of the above info was borrowed in parts from the "wiccan spells-white magic for the modern day witch".  No I'm not a witch, but I'm fine with those that are...


No comments:

Post a Comment